- Map http://www.energy.ca.gov/maps/renewable/geothermal_areas.html
- Background http://www.energy.ca.gov/geothermal/background.html
Natural Gas Deposits
- Renewable Sources https://www.nrel.gov/workingwithus/learning.html
- 333.95 THO The Pros and Cons of Biomass Power Describes the benefits of using biomass power and includes arguments for and against its production and use. Includes a glossary and a list of resources.
- 333.95 CUR Biofuels Presents a discussion of biofuels that examines their benefits, such as reduced dependence on fossil fuels and less negative impact on the environment, and covers the question of whether biofuels threaten the world's food supply.
- 333.79 CAR Alternative Energy Explores the need for using alternative energy sources such as wind, water, and solar power, along with biofuels and geothermal energy.
- 333.9 PAR Wind Power Presents a discussion of wind power that discusses developments in wind turbine technology, its positive and negative impacts on the environment, its ability to reduce dependence on foreign oil, and plans for future technological innovations.
- 621.31 SPI The Pros and Cons of Wind Power Explains how wind power works, discusses its economics, and presents opposing sides on several issues concerning its use.
- 333.792 PAR Solar Power Presents a discussion of solar power that discusses developments in photovoltaic technology, its impact on global warming, its ability to reduce dependence on foreign oil, and plans for future technological innovations.
- 333.792 THO The Pros and Cons of Solar Power Describes the benefits of using solar power such as its initial cost and investment and its positive effect on the environment.
- 621.31 SPI The Pros and Cons of Water Power Describes the benefits of using water power and includes arguments for and against its production and use. Includes a glossary and a list of resources.
- 333.792 MCL The Pros and Cons of Nuclear Power Describes the benefits of using nuclear power and includes arguments for and against its production and use. Includes a glossary and a list of resources.
- 363.17 MEA Is Nuclear Power Safe? Introduces students to the controversy over whether or not nuclear power is safe, examining both sides of the argument and providing information to support both viewpoints.
- 333.792 HEN Nuclear Power: a Reference Handbook A comprehensive overview of nuclear energy, including an essay on its history; a chronology of events, legislation, and movements; biographical profiles of activists, advocates, and legislators; tables, figures, and documents; a directory of agencies and organizations; an annotated bibliography of print and nonprint resources including Web sites; and a glossary.
- 333.8 MOR The Pros and Cons of Coal, Gas and Oil Explains what fossil fuels are and how they are used for energy, and discusses debates over their use, exploring arguments on each side.